Name : Ahmad Abdul-Salam Hassan Majdalani
D.O.B : 1955
P.O.B : Damascus/Syria
Nationality : Palestinian
Marital Status: Married with one daughter
Languages : Arabic-English-Bulgarian
Address: Ramallah- P.O.Box 1907
Work phone: 02-2400590/ 2400594
Work Fax: 02-2400607/ 2407915
Home phone: 02-2987064/0599-255365
Email : [email protected]/
• 1987- Ph.D. in Economic Philosophy- Academy of Social Sciences & Society Administration- Bulgaria.
• 1982- One year course in Administrative, Political & International Relations-The Social Sciences Academy & Society Administration-Bulgaria.
• 1978- BA in Law and Administrative Science- Lebanon University.
• 1973- General Secondary Certificate “Tawjihi”
• Computer Skills: Windows, Excel, Access
• Mar 2006 - Birzeit University -part time Lecturer Department of Philosophy and Cultural Studies
• Minister of State _PNA_ Feb 2005 -Jan2006.
• President" s Advisor since Feb 2000 Feb 2005.
• Since 1988 Member of P.N.C
• Since 1993 Member of P.C.C
• Since June 2002 President of Board of Directors- Palestinian Economist Association.
• April-Oct 2002 - Consultant –Enhancing Accountability integrity and transparency Conference, Ramallah –Palestine
• 12/3/2001. Birzeit University -part time Lecturer. Department of Philosophy and Cultural Studies
• March 2000- June. 2002 member of Board of Directors- Palestinian Economists Association.
• 1998-31-1-2000-National Project Director of the Palestinian Employment- International Labor Organization (ILO) Program (PEP).
• Head of the Technical Working Group to Formulate a Medium-Term Employment Strategy in Palestine (PEP).
• Supervisor of the Establishment of Labor Market Information System in Palestine.(PEP)
• Supervisor of the Establishment of Employment Services system in Palestine. (PEP)
• Supervisor of the formulation of a guide on the procedures for employment service in Palestine
• Participated in Human Development report in Palestine
• Participated in Poverty report in Palestine.
• 1995- 1998- Director General of the International Arab & Public Affairs- Palestinian Ministry of Labor.
• 1995-1998- Head of the negotiation sub-committee for labor issues with the Israeli side.
• 1994-1995- Director of the Arab and International Affairs Department at the PLO.
• 1992- 1994- Advisor at the Chairman’s Office.
• 1991Member of Palestinian National Council (P.N.C) and Palestinian Central Council (P.C.C).
• 1989 Editor of NEDAL AL-SHAAB Magazine
• 1987 Member of Palestinian Journalists Syndicate.
Conferences & Workshops
• 27-Feb 2006- Workshop on Palestinian Economy inputs & Developments Problems. Middle East Center - Amman
• 28-7-2003.Workshop on Program for Identification of public Economical Policies.Legesletive council. Ramallah-Palestine
• 26-6-2003, Conference eon Palestinian Punition Law. Palestinian network for nongovernmental Organizations. Ramallah- Palestine.
• 10-1/6/2003-Conference on, Enhancing the local Capacity of Palestinian Economy &improving Economic Cooperation with Arab Countries .Palestinian Economic Policy Research Institute-MAS with collaboration of Al-Aqsa Fund \ Islamic Development Bank -. Ramallah- Palestine.
• 30-5/1-6/2003 The Eighth International Academic Conference Global, Regional and Local Implications of the US War in Iraq. Ibrahim Abu- Lughod Institute of International Studies, Birzit University.
• Workshop of “Good Governing in the Palestinian society”, Network for Nongovernmental Organizations. Ramallah Palestine. May 2003 -.
• 21-23\10\2002- Union of Arab Economists Conference Damascus—Syria.
• 28-10-2002 -Workshop - Palestinian investment Promotion Agency, with collaboration of Association of Palestinian Economists and Center for Development of private sector. Ramallah – Palestine -..
• 30-10-2002 -First conference for Enhancing Accountability, Integrity and transparency in Palestine (Aman). Ramallah –Palestine..
• 26-6-2002-Workshop-Reality of Palestinian Economy, Palestinian Economists Association /Ramallah-Palestine.
• 30-5-2000 National Trade Dialogue Program. Ramallah Palestine Trade center - PALTRADE.
• 21-5-2000 International Conference "Informal Economic Sector in Palestine" Ramallah - Organized by Economic Policy Research Institute (MAS) Friedrich Ebert stiffing.
• 25/4/2000- Seminar- Reflections on the political & Cultural Globalization for the Arab Countries.Al Yarmok University.
• 27-30/3/2000- Thirteenth International Conference for the Arab Economic Union .Morocco.
• 7-11-//99- workshop - Activating Tripartite consultation/ in cooperation with the (ILO) and the Palestinian Ministry of Labor- A working paper (employment office and its role in activating tripartite consultation and the development of public employment.
• Participation in the ILO Geneva Conferences –1996, 97, 98,99.
• Participation in the Arab Labor Organization- 1996,97,98, 99. Cairo
• 25-27/10/99- European Arab Parliament Conference- The role of parliament diplomacy in achieving the integration of Arab Economy and enhancing the economical cooperation between the Arab States and European States. Alexandria- Egypt
• 2-9//99- Asian Parliament Conference for Peace and Cooperation -Dhaka- Bangladesh.
• 22-23/10/98- 4th conference of Muatan association- about after crisis and restructuring of the Palestinian Political life and the perspective. Ramallah
• 27-29/4/98- First Economic Conference in Palestine- Gaza
• 11-31/5/98- The International Conference on Employment in Palestine.
• 18-20/4/98- Three days workshop in cooperation with the ILO and the Ministry of Labor as a lecturer on the General agreement on GAT & WTO and its reflection on labor issues.
• 27-28-5/98- Two days workshop in cooperation with the ILO and the Ministry of Labor as a lecturer on “Economic reform, Restructure and its reflections on labor issues
• 23-27/4/97- Trans-Border Labor Market Issues- Seminar with Fiedrich Ebert Shifting – Amman/Jordan.
• 2-11/12/97- Review on the progress of social development. Framework on promoting employment and facing poverty. Turin Italy.
• 28-29/5/94- Seminar in coordination with the Palestinian Planning Center and the International Studies Society in Tunisia. The Palestinian Economy during the transitional period.
• 23-24/6/95 The Middle Eastern Market- Seminar in coordination with the International studies Society at the Palestinian Economist Society Tunisia.
• 4-23/9/95- 50th anniversary of the United Nations. The NEW World System/ International studies society in cooperation with the International relations institute- Tunis
Studies & Researches
• Palestinian Economy Development Problems under Occupation. 27-Feb 2006- Workshop on Palestinian Economy inputs & Developments Problems- Middle East Center. Amman
• Chapter – Role of legislative council against corruption - Transparency Source Book - “TI Arabic Source Book” – Transparency International - May 2005.
• Policy Papers about Institutional Reform in Palestine. Ibrahim Abo-Lughod Institute of International Studies-.Birzeit University. Aug 2004.
• The Palestinian Electoral System : An Analysis of its Possible Impact on Elections. Book is published as part of an agreement of cooperation with the chr.Michelsen Institute- Norway.
Copyright: MUWATIN- The Palestinian Institute for the Study of Democracy. Ram Allah, Palestine . Apr 2004
• Analyzing study -Impact of the elective system on Palestinian legislative council structure. July 2003 ,Ramallah- Palestine.
• A Study-Economical basics of Palestinian constitution proposal introduced to Center for Development Studies, Birzeit University June 2003
• A Study - Role of Political Parties in Implementing Good Governing in the Palestinian society, introduced to Palestinian Network for Nongovernmental Organizations . Ramallah Palestine. May 2003 -.
• A Paper- Public Point of view and political parties , introduced to workshop about impact of point of view in Palestine, Ramallah –Palestine .Feb 2003
• A Study- Palestinian Legislative Council – Reality and Aspects, with association of Economical and social research and studies forum Published in Ramallah -Palestine Oct 2002.
• A Study- Palestinian Investment Promotion Agency– Reality and Aspects ,Oct 2002.
• A Paper-The way out of the economical crises in Palestine, workshop , Ramallah-Palestine, June 2002
• A Study – decent work & method adopted in the Arab Countries. I.L.O IL Office, under pub – Dec 2001.
• A study- Arab world and the economical blocks in the globalization period. Presented at a seminar in Al Yarmouk University, 25/4/2000, pup MESC Middle East Studies Centre, Seminars 33 Amman 2001.
• A study - The economical integration in the Arab trade free zone- presented at the thirteen Arab economic union- 27-30/3/2000.
• A working paper on Establishment of the Palestinian Democracy Group between the maturity of the objective factor and the subjective factor. 4th conference of Muatan association- about after crisis and restructuring of the Palestinian Political life and the perspective. Ramallah Dec1999.
• Arab Market Cooperation- necessity not a choice. European Arab Parliament Conference- The role of parliament diplomacy in achieving the integration of Arab Economy and enhance the economical cooperation between the Arab States and European States. Alexandria- Egypt 25-27/10/99.
• A working paper on the Palestinian- Relations in light of end of the transitional period. Published in the Al-Siyasa Al-Falistinia Magazine. Spring 1999. Nablus.
• A working paper on Economic Reform, Restructure and its reflection on labor issues. Presented at the Ministry of labor 27-28/5/98.
• Globalization: Its impact on the Arab Economics/A working paper that was presented in the first Economic Conference in Palestine/ Gaza 27-29/4/98.
• A working paper- on GATT & WTO and its reflection on labor issues. Presented at the Ministry of Labor –18-20/4/98.
• Remarks on Martin Godfrey’s report/ Guidelines for designing employment strategy in Palestine- Al-Ayyam Newspaper 7-8/11/97.
• Trans-Border labor Market issues, in the Middle East/A research presented at the seminar with Fridrich Ebert Shifting-Amman 23-27/4/97.
• A research- From the International Economic Society to the New World System/ presented at the seminar on the 50th anniversary of the United Nations Organization for the International studies society in cooperation with the International Relations Institute. Published in the International Studies Magazine- Serial 15/8/1996- Tunis .
• The Middle Eastern Market; Dangers and prospects/ A research presented at a seminar in coordination with the international studies society and the Palestinian Economists Society in Tunisia. Published in the International Studies Magazine- serial 5/6/ 1996- Tunis.
• Monetary, fiscal and banking system at the transitional stage of the Palestinian planning center and the international studies society. Published in the Palestinian Planning Center in June 1996.
• Absorption prospects of the Palestinian labor force/Tunisia 1994 May.
• Palestinian Labor Force/Employment opportunities and exporting prospects in the transitional stage issued in March 1994 at Al-Kudos Al-Arabia -London.
• The Role of Multi-National Corporations in Deepening Contradictions of the Middle East/A dissertation in Bulgarian Language- Sofia 1987.
• The economic effects of armament on the Middle Eastern countries/ Modern times Magazine- Sofia Bulgaria, autumn 1986.
• Petroleum & Politics in the Middle East at Modern Time’s Magazine- Spring 1985.
Supervision & Follow-up
• Supervised study the First conference for Enhancing Accountability, Integrity and transparency in Palestine (Aman). Ramallah –Palestine.. 30-10-2002.
• A study on Promotion of Leading Sector in the Palestinian Economy. Ramallh 1999.
• Supervised the guide for public employment services in Palestine. Ramallah, 1999
• Guidelines for the establishment of the structure of the Palestinian Labor Market Information System. Ramallah 1999.
• Data Collection Methodologies for the Palestinian Labor Market Information System. Ramallah 1999.
• Head of the Technical Working Group for the formulation of the Medium-Term Employment Strategy in Palestine. Ramallah 1999.
• A study on the Infrastructure Investment in Palestine. Ramallah 1998.
• A study on Macro-Economic Policies for Employment Promotion. Ramallah 1998.